May 12, 2020
Dear Valued Patient:
We are excited to announce our practice is getting ready to welcome you back for your eye health care needs. We’d like to inform you of the additional steps we have taken to protect our patients, staff and Doctor while you are in our office. Infection control has always been a top priority so that when you receive our care, it’s both safe and comfortable. According to the Department of Health and Human Services and Public Health, there are new standards we must abide by to mitigate COVID-19 risk in our office.
- We will ask you to answer a few questions about COVID-19 symptoms or risk of exposure.
- Please complete the health history questionnaire at least 1 day prior to your appointment. To reduce the amount of contact time in our office, one of our Optometric Technicians will call you to review health history and the reason for your visit 1 day prior to your appointment. Please allow approximately 10 minutes for this call and have ready a list of medications, strength and dose.
- Please call the office at 222-7290 when you arrive and we will give you further instructions.
- We check the temperature of all who enter our office, including the Doctor and staff, every day.
- Our Doctor and staff will wear a mask at all times.
- All staff are required to wash their hands before and after every patient encounter.
- All patients/parents/caregivers MUST wear a mask covering their nose and mouth and use hand sanitizer before moving through the office. If you don’t have a mask, we have single use surgical masks for $2.00 to cover our costs. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- All equipment and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected before and after each patient encounter.
- All frames are sanitized after each patient use.
- We’ve updated our ventilation system and filters to block 99.97% of aerosol germs.
- Only the patient, parent or caregiver will be allowed in the office. Friends and other family members are advised to stay home or wait in the car.
- Direct shipping of contact lenses (other than specialty lenses) to your home at no charge for orders of 2 boxes or more.
- We are taking every precaution to limit the number of patients in the office at any time.
- Due to the large number of patients who are waiting for appointments, we have implemented a non-refundable $50 charge for patients who miss their confirmed appointments. This was a very hard decision to make but has become necessary.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our practice. Rest assured we will continue to deliver your eye health care services in a clean and safe environment for you and your family. We appreciate your continued patience during these unprecedented times.
Julie Gussenhoven, OD
Optometry in Redding
Julie Gussenhoven, OD offers Family Optometry services in Redding CA and its surrounding areas. For professional vision and eye care call (530) 222-7290 today.